On the one hand: TMT obviously stands alone when it comes to our god-like and necessarily innuendo-filled coverage of independent music. But on the other: holy shit, I might be out of a job if the semi-mysterious JEROME label starts to announce their mixes with roughly 23 lines of witty and persuasive summary.
The imprint has a clear knack for discovering obscure and frequently abstract gems hidden beneath the broadly electronic ground, and in a feature published last September, JEROME made clear (using numbers) just how their copious mixfiles come to fruition; 70% of the artists featured therein are found through “their own digging” on services like SoundCloud, and the remaining 30% are “split between recommendations and e-mails” from those shamelessly inclined to self-promote. JEROME scours like TMT scours! Massaging the spot of supreme musical enjoyment requires perseverance.
The mixfile that JEROME did specifically for TMT was hot, and so was their introductory label compilation Vague Culture, which came out in purchasable form in 2016. The announcement of Vague Culture 2 suggests a desire for further introducin’, but for those relatively few of us who were previously acquainted, the intention is to continue relishing the club-minded curiousness. The music that JEROME highlights is underground at its most quality.
Vague Culture 2 is out February 4. Keep an eye on their Bandcamp if you want to order — and stream the first one down below whilst you peruse the full tracklisting for the new one.
Vague Culture by Various Artists

Vague Culture 2 tracklisting:
01. Ancestral Vision – Chindógu
02. Astrosuka – Ya

Check out the article